投资者之家 首页 丁大卫金融网站主页
 常见问题  •  搜索  •  偏好设定  •  会员群组  •  注册  •  个人资料  •  登录并检查站内短信  •  登陆

通知
日程表 
阅读下一个主题
阅读上一个主题

发表新帖回复帖子 阅读上一个主题发邮件给朋友.对浏览这个主题的用户列表保存这个主题做为一个文件Printable version登录并检查站内短信阅读下一个主题
作者 留言
AventurineLe

注册时间: 2024-07-11
帖子: 3

blank.gif
帖子发表于: 2024-07-11, 15:24  发表主题:  MMOexp: When watching FromSoftware's Elden Ring 引用并回复页尾返回页首

I'm spending too much time in, at the very least for someone who has only 33 years of experience contemplating the legacy I'll leave behind. I am constantly concerned about what I've achieved and the legacy I'll leave, particularly in comparison to Elden Ring Runes others, both successful and otherwise. So, when watching FromSoftware's Elden Ring over the last month, I couldn't resist to read studio director Hidetaka Miyazaki's bio, in case I felt less confident about myself.

Miyazaki began his career in the field of game development quite late. However, by the time the age of 33, he was acting as director of Demon's Souls, the PlayStation 3 classic that established the popular Souls-like pseudo-genre that has become an iconic part of gaming's history. Since then, Miyazaki has been recognized as the creator behind the biggest FromSoftware games which include Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and the latest Elden Ring, which released on every major gaming console (apart from Switch which isn't able to handle these massive games) on the 25th of February. I've spent over 90 hours exploring Miyazaki's subconscious and I can say, it can be quite a spooky place.

Elden Ring is the inevitable conclusion to Miyazaki's legacy. It's a sprawling, massive game that draws inspiration from, practically, every FromSoftware project before it. It's (and I'm sorry in advance for stating this) Dark Souls meets Breath of the Wild. I don't know the direction I'm heading or what I'm doing the majority of the time, however the game isn't too complicated that it is overwhelming with the many choices and systems. Elden Ring mostly stays out of its own way, offering users gentle pushes towards interesting things, while offering some support should you decide to take your own route A complete set of features hidden in the usual ambiguity of the traditional FromSoftware design.

I've come to terms with the fact that analyzing Elden Ring, or providing an accurate and complete account of my experience playing the game is nearly impossible, at the very least, with my limited capabilities. What can I do to bring you to the same level of emotion I felt each encounter with a merchant or opponent who was able to create the most eerie diegetic soundtrack I've heard in video games? What words could I choose to convey the same calming nostalgia that washed over me the very first time I slammed into the wall using my weapon, and then eventually faded away, revealing an undiscovered path? What is the perfect onomatopoeia that captures my groaning reflex when I was swarmed by a hive of basilisks that spit smoke, instantly conscious of the dangers they pose from encounters from previous Souls games?

Everything that is in Elden Ring comes bundled with the same kind of friction that is specifically designed to rub you wrong until, eventually, it rubs you in the right direction. The rough edges can't be smoothed out without altering the game's whole purpose of existence. Souls fans frequently enjoy the sense of satisfaction when they have mastered the game's many challenges however, it's much something more. It's similar to when my father recently lubricated the hinges of the old screen door that was in the house I grew up in. When I first opened it after his job as handyman, I was fumbling in a moment of numbness when I didn't get the exact sound or sensation I was expecting. I didn't hear anything. I was not feeling anything. It was as if I was in a space. The appearance, the texture, and all the character that the door once held with its creaking joints was gone, replaced with an ethereal smoothness that concealed its existence instead of providing flavor to the world.

This is Elden Ring with no learning curve, a method which sees FromSoftware basically throw users in the water and then encourage them to cheap Elden Ring Items swim to stay safe. The user interface could be more informative? I would think so.

性别:男  离线 AventurineLe 的个人图库阅览会员资料发送站内短信
从以前的帖子开始显示:      
发表新帖回复帖子 阅读上一个主题发邮件给朋友.对浏览这个主题的用户列表保存这个主题做为一个文件Printable version登录并检查站内短信阅读下一个主题

阅读下一个主题
阅读上一个主题
可以发布新主题
可以在这个论坛回复主题
不能在这个论坛编辑自己的帖子
不能在这个论坛删除自己的帖子
不能在这个论坛发表投票

所有的时间均为 北京时间